Sunday, December 20, 2009

My 09 List

In no particular order. Not everything came out this year, but we 'acquired' everything this year in one way or another. I chose to do a list of what I think I listened to the most this year in lieu of what I think the best music of this year was - mostly because I got burned out on music from being at Anthology for awhile and didn't keep up with what was being released. But here's my list!


Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - 1901




Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career - French Navy




Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion - My Girls




The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You - I and Love and You




Blitzen Trapper - Furr - Furr




(I'm going to regret doing this, but...)
Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - Outer South - Air Mattress




M. Ward - Hold Time - Never Had Nobody Like You
(volume on this is really low for some reason)




Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna Are You The Destroyer -
(I get to count this because we got the LP this year and realized that we never had all the songs from the album until then)




Rodriguez - Cold Fact - Sugar Man




Titua Andronicus - The Airing of Grievance - Upon Viewing Bruegel's "Landscape With the Fall of Icarus"




Wilco - Wilco (The Album) - Wilco (The Song)
We are *almost* in this video, actually. Front and center. Great show!

No comments: